Monday, February 11, 2013

United Airlines: A company ruined by poor management and deceit

United Airlines knowingly mis-represents Mileage Plus account balances on its website.

After an exhausting phone call, I finally got an airline employee to write to me and admit this fact, stating: 


<<At this time we are experiencing some technical problems with the View All Activity area showing an incorrect balance on the account.  This is due to corrections that have been done to the account making a large amount of 2012 flights show on the statement throwing the balance off.  The correct balance on this account is 18,946 miles as indicated on the My Account welcome screen right below the account number.  The 80,135 balance that is showing for statement period 1-01-13 to 2-10-13 is not correct.>>

I asked why United did not display information as to this known problem.  He offered no explanation. I asked why United had not contacted its members to explain the situation.  Again, no answer or explanation.

I can only wonder how many people are unable to know their true balance.  I know that for my account at least, this has been the case for weeks.


I have other, smaller problems with United but this strikes me as scandalous.  I hope some journalists can inquire and investigate.  I am happy to provide the email and other information.

With their 787 mess and other problems, something simple like this would appear a terribly foolish coverup.

So much for the friendly skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment